Opus Newsletter #14

Updates

Some Light Reading

We have published more than a dozen new articles in the Opus Solutions Area over the last week, and more are on the way. Among the new additions, we’ve created a new section related to actions. Check it out:

Actions FAQ

If we encounter a topic through a support ticket on which we haven’t published any documentation, we typically “get right on that,” so many of our new articles are in response to questions fielded recently by our support team. These include:

Can Multiple Departments Work on the Same Case in Interfolio?

What’s the Difference Between Viewing and Editing a Case in Interfolio?

Can I Share Case Materials with a Review Candidate?

How Does Candidate Certification Work in Interfolio?

What is Prior Certification Form 2?

Why Should I Upload Only Final Versions of Documents to Interfolio?

Can I See Where a Case Is At?

Can I Change the Email Address Where I Receive Interfolio Notifications?

What If I Want to Start a Case for Someone From Recruit Who I Know Has Been Here Before?

Why Is My Faculty Member Missing in Opus?

What if an Approved Appointee Ends Up Not Coming to the University?

Stay tuned for how-to articles on working with cases for multi-department review!

Brevity for Faculty

In response to feedback gathered from faculty around campus, we’ve revamped our training materials for faculty. With the goal of making everyone’s experience as straightforward and simple as possible, we’d like to suggest you keep these links handy when sending a case to faculty, or when training appointees on related topics (such as during orientation).

Opus for Review Candidates

How to Access Interfolio for Faculty

Where Can I Find The Documents in My Case?

Next we’ll be working on the following how-to guides:

How to Submit a Form in Interfolio

How to Upload Files as a Review Candidate

How to Access Files that Have Been Shared with You

Streamlining for Admins

We’ve also improved the User Guides on the Opus Support Site, including the article Opus for Administrators, which has been refined in the way resources are grouped, focusing more on specific tasks and cutting down on verbal clutter. Let us know what you think.

Support

Survey for Your Thoughts?

We’re interested in feedback and suggestions for the support documentation published on the Opus Support Site, so starting next week, everyone who opens a help ticket will receive an invitation to complete a survey. Feel free to write Opus Help if you’d like your voice to be heard!

Reminders

Next Week: Zoom with Opus 2

Don’t forget to sign up for Zoom with Opus, Session 2, Multi-Department Review: How to Collaborate with Other Departments in Opus/Interfolio. Next Friday morning we’ll demonstrate our recommended approach for working with other departments on common cases in Interfolio. You can register, as always, on our sign-up sheet.

Online Cases, In-Person Help

Staff from Academic Personnel and the Opus project hold regular “office hours” to assist Opus users with cases, and to answer questions about Opus and Interfolio. Our next sessions are this Friday and next Wednesday. Please sign up for a timeslot on our Office Hours Google Spreadsheet and remember to bring any relevant case files or materials with you.

Login to post a comment